Giorgio Armani was born on July 11, 1934 in the small town of Piacenza, North of Italy. At 23 he served in the military and then spent two years at the medical faculty of the University of Bologne, but all along he was attracted to fashion. He began his first fashion related work at Rinascente store in Milan as fashion merchandiser. Few years later he started working as a designer for Nino Cirruti and then designer for other fashion house, collecting experience for his own glorious brand. On July 25th, 1975 his fashion Empire was born.
Happy Birthday from all of us at Joliegazette!
Here are some fan facts about the designer.
- In 1975, he had to sell his beloved white “VW Käfer” to finance his company.
- The designer has nine homes—one each in France, Switzerland, USA, Antigua, and five in Italy—and a 150-foot yacht, named Maìn.
- To date, Armani has created costumes for more than 250 films. The first was in 1980, when he dressed Richard Gere in the thriller American Gigolo.
- You can live the Armani lifestyle by eating at Armani Dolci: a small line of Armani-branded
- confectionery, and decorating your house with fresh flowers from Armani Fiori.
- During his career, he has never been in debt.
- He is credited with creating the first-ever bomber jacket in 1970.
- The 80-year-old Armani has never smoked a cigarette.
- He is the sole owner of his empire.
Pregnant Style Looks
Opinion: If data is king, meaningful interaction is King Kong
Alibaba was never about Jack Ma, but Jack Ma will forever belong to Alibaba
Billionaire Jack Ma, chairman of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., speaks at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) CEO Summit in Manila, the Philippines, on Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2015. Businesses and people should be free to trade because it's a human right and represents freedom, Ma told the APEC summit. Photographer: SeongJoon Cho/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Richard Bernstein: Starmaker, Andy Warhol's Cover Artist by Roger and Mauricio Padilha.