- Ermenegildo Zegna sees revenues growth in 2017 of 2,3% at 1,8 billion euro. Isn't it refreshing to see a Men's brand so focused and not in the desperate need to appeal no gender guys in their teens?
- Rimowa Alexandre Arnault attends the CNI Luxury Conference in Lisbon. He's doing well as co-CEO of the brand, setting up synergies with other brands brands such Virgil Abloh Off-White, Fendi and Supreme. The Art of Travel up to a new level
- Music Chairs. CEOs and creative directors are jumping from a position to another, the average stay at a brand for a CMO is 42 months, for a CDO is 36-48 months. Isn't it scary? Or a strong Brand doesn't need strong top executives?
- Gucci inaugurates the Arts Lab in Tuscany. 37.000 sq mt and 800 workers. The structure is focused on prototypes, R&D, pre-industrialization. The objective is to keep up the pace with the demand and to shorten the time to market. A "workshop of ideas". For bags and shoes. And apparently no comment for the "New Yorker" article on Chinese workshops in the area
- It's Milan Design Week. Moncler company seminar is taking place in Zermatt, Fendi one in Venice and the Suzy Menkes Luxury Conference in Lisbon. Is the collaboration between fashion and design becoming too much routine?
by Susanna Nicoletti - a fashion and luxury marketing, communication and digital senior professional in the industry with boutique consultancy www. thefashiondispatch.com